Saturday, September 20, 2014

That Brownie is Taunting Me

Today I experienced temptation at its finest.   A few months ago my mom asked me, as she had done a few times in previous years, to attend the annual Women’s Health Conference at John A. Logan College in Carterville, IL.   This year I decided to give in and I am glad I did. 

I am getting older and clearly do not have the same metabolism as high school.  I need to start being more concerned about my health and this was the perfect opportunity to find more information and also have some free health screenings done as well.

I had my blood screening done and was finally able to eat breakfast.  I breezed through the morning sessions and when 11:30am rolled around, my normal lunch hour, I was ready.  But, little did I know what they were serving for lunch and obviously I wasn’t able to partake.    

I had been doing good the whole week, even though I was tempted to stop at Ted Drewes or go grab a snack out of the pantry, I did not falter.   But, when we sat down for lunch and there were brownies on the table, I felt myself getting weak.  I had not had any splurges throughout the week and my level of irritability was higher than usual.  I just watched my mom eat her brownie in silence.

Luckily, the lunch was the exact same thing that I brought – salad, except their salads had chicken, nice leafy greens and a variety of vegetables. 


I am happy to report that I stayed with what I brought and didn’t cave.   I am looking forward to Monday even more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment