Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Day Off

I thought today would be my most difficult day. I was off of work and had the whole day free. I figured my mind would wander towards all of the good food I've been missing.

It went pretty well, actually. I had cheese and crackers for lunch, and for a mid-afternoon snack I ate my leftover serving of meatballs and bread that I didn't have from Tuesday. I was able to make it through the whole day quite comfortably. Since I wasn't hungry, I didn't think about food so much.

I was able to wait until Andrea got home from class to eat dinner at around 9:15-9:30pm. Days like today make me forget a little about the frustrations and hardship of living on a SNAP diet, but I try my best to remember what yesterday was like, and what tomorrow could be. I, while participating in the challenge, don't have the security afforded to me to eat whatever I want whenever I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment