Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pizza... Dear Pizza

How I've longed for you. How I've pined for you in your absence. 

Okay, that's a bit dramatic but I sure was excited for a familiar dinner, even if it was frozen pizza. It was delicious and satisfying.

Work was busy, again, and though I got to eat lunch I was still not quite satisfied. The salad was good and all, but like Andrea previously mentioned I prefer additional vegetables and perhaps a different kind of lettuce in my salad. It just didn't seem complete to me. 

This SNAP Challenge sure has been eye-opening for me. One more day to go!

I think the fact that Andrea and I are looking at it as a challenge is somewhat telling. We're finding it a challenge to live like others do on a regular basis. We're finding it challenging to eat, be happy, and removed from hunger. We look forward to Monday. We know there's an escape. We know we COULD have cheated at any time. 

For most, there is no escape. There is no cheating. This isn't a challenge for those people, it's life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment