Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Not the Ideal Diet

I feel like I am yo yo-ing between being okay one day and starving the next.  The majority of our diet has consisted of a large amount of carbohydrates, the cheapest option, and not a lot of items with a decent amount of protein or fiber that normally fills me up.

We chose items that were cheap, but also that we could eat throughout the week multiple times.  And we also couldn’t afford the healthier whole or multi-grain options, which I usually try to buy. Items like bread, crackers, pasta, and tortillas – after this week, I think I might avoid these items for a bit because I am undeniably getting sick of eating crackers with the majority of our meals to help fill us up. 

I have noticed the difference this has made in how I feel everyday and how my bodily systems are reacting to the change in food selection.  I also devour my food a lot faster than usual because I don’t have any in between snacks to maintain satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment